1 Who are we?
Delaware North is part of the international Delaware North Group, with affiliated companies and operations all around the world (collectively, the “Delaware North Group”).
These companies include (without limitation) Delaware North Australia Parks & Resorts Pty Ltd, Delaware North Lizard Island Pty Ltd, Delaware North El Questro Pty Ltd, Delaware North Kings Canyon Pty Ltd, Delaware North Lane Cove Pty Ltd, Delaware North Marine Experience Pty Ltd, Delaware North Services Pty Ltd, Delaware North Food Services Pty Ltd, Delaware North Property Services Pty Ltd, AVS Catering Australia Pty. Limited, Delaware North Venue Services Pty Ltd, Delaware North Companies NZ Holdings No 1 Pty Ltd, Delaware North Companies NZ Holdings No 2 Pty Ltd, Delaware North Management Services Pty Ltd, Delaware North Services Pty Limited, Delaware North Retail Services Pty Ltd, Northern Rise Village Services Pty Ltd, Delaware North Leisure & Entertainment Pty Ltd, Delaware North Leisure & Entertainment Queensland Pty Ltd, Delaware North Leisure & Entertainment NSW Pty Ltd, Delaware North Leisure & Entertainment Victoria Pty Ltd. Delaware North Aspley Hotel Operations Pty Ltd, Delaware North Creek Tavern Operations Pty Ltd, Delaware North Shafston Hotel Operations Pty Ltd, Delaware North Aspley Hotel Holdings Pty Ltd, Delaware North Creek Tavern Holdings Pty Ltd, Delaware North Shafston Hotel Holdings Pty Ltd, Delaware North Australia Gaming & Entertainment Pty Ltd, Delaware North Northern Territory Gaming & Entertainment Pty Ltd.
2 Scope and your consent
Australian Privacy Principles means the Australian Privacy Principles set out in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act.
GDPR means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679).
Personal Information has the meaning given under the Privacy Act, but generally includes information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) including the Australian Privacy Principles and any amendments to the Privacy Act or Australian Privacy Principles from time to time.
Related Entities has the same meaning as under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Sensitive Information has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act, but generally includes information or opinion (that is also personal information) about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences or practices, membership of a political association, professional/trade association or trade union, or an individual’s criminal record, health information, genetic information, biometric information (used for verification or identification) and biometric templates.
Services means the services provided by us, including hospitality and food service management, resort management and travel hospitality services.
Social Networking Sites means the social networking sites operated or utilised by us, including Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
Spam Act means the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
Website means all websites operated or utilised by us, including (without limitation): http://www.delawarenorth.com/International-Australia-New-Zealand.aspx, www.lizardisland.com.au, www.kingscanyonresort.com.au, www.elquestro.com.au, http://www.dncdestinations.com/australia-trade.aspx, http://www.heronisland.cn.com/, http://www.wilsonisland.cn.com/
The meaning of any general language is not restricted by any accompanying example and the words ‘includes”, “including”, “such as”, “for example” or similar words are not words of limitation.
4 What Personal Information do we collect and why do we need it?
If you do not provide us with your Personal Information as requested, or if the information is incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to provide our Services to you or the standard and quality of those Services may be compromised.
Depending on the nature of the Services we provide to you, the Personal Information we collect may include, without limitation:
- your name, email address, telephone numbers and address;
- Sensitive Information, for example, if you advise us of any allergies, disabilities or medical issues;
- Information you provide when you apply for a position with us;
- bank and credit card details (including expiry dates);
- information on your employer or a professional group to which you belong (e.g. you may disclose that to obtain a discount available to members of that group);
- details of family members (e.g. if they are travelling with you);
- your username and password if you register an account on our Website;
- your personal interests and preferred vacation/leisure destinations; and
- information you provide if you book a special package at one of our resorts (e.g. a wedding, honeymoon, couples or ‘babymoon’ package).
From time to time we may post surveys on our Website. The surveys may request demographic information (such as age range, gender, areas of interest and familiarity with us or our products and services) and customer feedback. Participation in these requests is completely voluntary. With each request, you will have the choice of whether or not to disclose information. Such survey information will be used to improve the overall experience on our Websites.
5 How do we collect the Personal Information?
We aim to collect Personal Information directly from you, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. Generally we collect your Personal Information when you complete and submit a form, make inquiries or book with us. We may also collect Personal Information, without limitation:
- from other members of the Delaware North Group;
- from our service providers, including travel agents;
- from debt collection agencies if you default in a payment to us;
- through our Website and other Social Networking Sites;
- from third parties;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- when we are required to do so by law; or
- when you enter a competition or promotion with us, participate in a survey or register to receive information on us or any of our Services.
If at any time you supply Personal Information to us about any other person (e.g. another person travelling with you or a photo you post on a Social Networking Site), you represent (and we accept that information on the basis) that:
- you are authorised to provide us with such Personal Information and that the relevant person has consented to the disclosure to us.
5.2 Our Website
We collect aggregate information about you and your use of our Website whenever you visit us online. This includes various forms of ‘click stream’ information, e.g. entry and exit points for our Website, your IP address, site traffic statistics, page views, impressions, operating system and browser type.
We also use third-party software that tracks access to our Website from affiliated websites and purchases that result from this access. This aggregate information generally will not identify you.
We may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all aggregated or de-identified information that does not contain Personal Information.
5.3 Job applications
If you apply online for a position with us, we will collect Personal Information from your resume, accompanying application documentation and during any other parts of the recruitment process.
The Personal Information will be used only for considering your application for the posted position (or other relevant positions). If you are successful, the information you provide (including Personal Information) will form part of your employment records.
5.4 CCTV and other imaging
For security purposes we have CCTV cameras and other similar imaging equipment in some of our locations and your image may be recorded. By entering one of these locations, you consent to us recording your image.
6 How do we use your Personal Information?
- process your inquiries;
- provide our Services and other services, including the use of a third party service provider;
- comply with our contractual and other legal obligations;
- process payments;
- process an application for a position with us;
- respond to medical emergencies;
- develop and improve our Services;
- comply with our contractual and legal obligations and to protect and enforce our legal rights;
- verify your identify and respond to your correspondence when you submit comments, questions or suggestions to our customer service department;
- protect and defend our, or our employees’, users’ and clients’ rights or property including against fraudulent or unlawful use of our Website or Social Networking Sites;
- to create a convenient and easy-to-use online reservation service or shopping process including an online “shopping cart” that allows you to track selected services or products and proceed through purchase; and
- advise you of additional services, offers, or information which may be of interest to you.
7 Disclosing Personal Information
- if you agree to the disclosure;
- for the purpose for which it was collected, e.g. to provide you with Services;
- where you would reasonably be expected to consent to information of that kind being passed to a third party;
- where disclosure is required or permitted by law, by court order or to investigate suspected fraud or other unlawful activity;
- where it is required to be disclosed for audit purposes;
- to the Delaware North Group for our internal business requirements;
- as is necessary to process credit card payments or other purchasing or delivery systems;
- if disclosure will prevent or lessen a serious or imminent threat to someone’s life or health;
- in conjunction with the sale to a third party of a Delaware North Group entity or a portion of our assets; or
- where we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body.
We do not use Sensitive Information for marketing purposes.
We may use and disclose our Personal Information (other than Sensitive Information) to provide you with information on offers, products and services offered by the Delaware North Group and you expressly consent to us doing so. We may also provide you with information on other products and services offered by Delaware North Group, its partners or affiliates.
You may elect not to receive direct marketing communications from us by following the opt out instructions below. Please note that even if you have requested not to receive further direct marketing communications, we may nevertheless continue to provide you with information about changes to our terms and conditions for the supply of goods or services, questionnaires and other factual information, as permitted under the Privacy Act and Spam Act.
8.2 Tracking Tools
We use browser-based cookies, users’ IP addresses and other technologies such as ‘pixel tags’, ‘web beacons,’ ‘clear GIFs’ or similar technologies to help us and third parties obtain information about your visits to our Website, deliver online and mobile ads and content for us and others specific to your interests, process your purchases or requests, or to analyse your visiting patterns, measure the effectiveness of our and others’ advertising, monitor traffic patterns on our Website, and to optimize and enhance your online experience on our Website.
You may customize your browser settings to notify you when a cookie is sent or to disable cookies altogether. The ‘Help’ feature on your browser should include instructions on how to make these adjustments.
If you block or otherwise disable cookies, certain features on our Website may not function properly and you will not be able to hold selections in a shopping cart when you leave our Website without checking out, or use any of our Services that require you to sign in. Some of the tracking we have described may continue even if you disable or block cookies.
8.3 Interest-Based Online Ads
From time to time we may engage in interest-based advertising provided by third party vendors to deliver advertisements and personalized content that may be of interest to you. Ads may be delivered to you based on your online or mobile behaviour (on our Website and other websites), your search activity, your geographic location or other information, not on the basis of the Personal Information you have provided to us. For example, if you make a reservation on our Website, you may later see our ad on another website or on mobile platforms. You may also see third-party ads on our Website, other websites, or mobile apps, based on your visits to and activities on our Website, other websites and mobile apps.
More information on interest-based advertising and opting out is available at http://www.aboutads.info/
8.4 Opting out
If at any time you no longer wish to receive any additional marketing or survey material from us or do not want your information disclosed for direct marketing or survey purposes, contact our Privacy Officer using the details in paragraph 15 below and we will remove your details from our marketing database.
9 Storage and disclosure of Personal Information off-shore
As we are an international organisation, Personal Information you provide to us may be stored on Delaware North Group members’ and/or its vendors’ servers in countries other than the jurisdiction in which your Personal Information was collected.
If you access another Delaware North website or a partner or service website (e.g. accommodation bookings, airline) from our Website, you may be transferring to another country and to a website over which we have no control and take no responsibility. If you provide Personal Information using another Delaware North website or a service website, you do so subject to the privacy laws (if any) in that jurisdiction.
Similarly, if you request us to assist you with other goods or services, we may disclose your Personal Information to our agents, contractors, service providers and program partners who are located overseas when arranging or making inquiries in respect of those goods or services.
While Delaware North has privacy rules in place to protect your Personal Information, the overseas recipient may not be subject to privacy obligations or to any principles similar to the Privacy Act or the Australian Privacy Principles. It is possible that information will be transferred to a jurisdiction where you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act and that does not have an equivalent level of data protection as Australia. The overseas recipient may also be subject to a foreign law which could compel disclosure of Personal Information to a third party, for example, an overseas authority.
We will not be accountable for how these overseas recipients handle your personal information. By providing your personal information to us, you consent to our disclosure of your Personal Information to these overseas recipients.
If you have any concerns regarding the transfer of your personal information overseas, or if at any time you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details in paragraph 15 below. However, please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide the Services you have requested in whole or in part or those Services may be compromised or otherwise not function properly.
10 Considerations when you send information to us electronically
While we take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including investing in security software, no data transfer over the internet is 100% secure.
The open nature of the internet is such that information exchanged via the internet may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. If you send us any information, including (without limitation) Personal Information, it is sent at your own risk.
11 Considerations when you participate in on-line forums
Our Website may have chat rooms, discussion boards, online forums and other interactive technologies that allow individual comments and messages to be tied to a user’s name or e-mail address.
Any information you post in such forums is public information and Delaware North cannot control what use third parties may make of Personal Information you share in such forums. You should exercise caution before disclosing any Personal Information on on-line forums.
We endeavour to keep our information systems and files secured from unauthorised access. Our procedures to securely store Personal Information include electronic and physical security measures, staff training and use of password protection software.
In the event of a security breach leading to accidental loss, disclosure or access to your Personal Information, we will comply with all our Privacy Act obligations including notifying you of such breach where required by law to do so.
When the Personal Information we collect is no longer required, we will remove or de-identify the Personal Information as soon as reasonably possible. We may, however, retain Personal Information for as long as is necessary to comply with any applicable law, for the prevention of fraud, for insurance and governance purposes, in our IT back-up, for the collection of any monies owed and to resolve disputes.
13 Your rights regarding your Personal Information
- withdraw any consents given in relation to the handling by us of your Personal Information;
- request access to your Personal Information;
- request that we correct Personal Information that is inaccurate or out of date; or
- request that we delete certain Personal Information,
by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details in paragraph 15 below. We will take reasonable steps, consistent with our obligations under the Privacy Act and, where relevant, the GDPR, to correct or delete that information if you so request. For security purposes, before we provide you with any Personal Information, we will ask you to provide evidence of your identity.
You may request the source of any Personal Information we collect from a third party. We will provide this at no cost, unless under the Privacy Act or other law there is a reason for this information being withheld.
If you are located in a European Union Member State in which we offer goods or services, to the extent we are subject to the GDPR, you may request that we transfer your Personal Information to another organisation.
If there is a reason under the Privacy Act or other law for us not to provide you with any of your Personal Information, we will give you a written notice of refusal setting out the reasons for the refusal (except to the extent it would be unreasonable or unlawful to do so) and advise you of the mechanisms available to you to complain about the refusal.
15 Contact information
15.1 When to contact us
You can contact us to:
- withdraw any consents given in relation to the handling by us of your Personal Information;
- request access to Your Personal Information;
- request that we correct Personal Information that is inaccurate or out of date; or
- request that we delete certain Personal Information
You should also contact us immediately if you believe:
- someone has gained unauthorised access to your Personal Information;
- your username or password have been compromised (in which case you should also immediately change your password);
- you have a complaint in respect to the way we are dealing with your Personal Information; or
- you believe we have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights in any way.
15.2 Contact details
||The Privacy Officer
||Level 2, 630 Church Street, Richmond, Victoria 3121
More information about our rights and our obligations in respect to privacy and information on making a privacy complaint are available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at: